Open Call for Voices Online SubmissionsDeadline June 30
All LP2 members are invited to contribute their written work (poetry, fiction, non-fiction, memoir) to Voices Online, the publication that has displayed our members’ program’s creative work for many years. Please take this opportunity to share your work with your colleagues.
We expect the next issue of Voices to appear by the beginning of the fall term. During the fall we hope to have one or more readings of work from Voices.
We are not requesting photography currently. Photographers who wish to share their work should submit it to The Observer.
- You may submit one or two prose pieces. Short pieces are particularly appropriate to the on-line format. There is no minimum length; the maximum length is 2500 words.
- You may submit up to five poems, a maximum of ten pages.
- Previously published work should not be submitted.
- All submissions will be reviewed by several judges. Judges will not have access to identifying information about the creators of the pieces they are judging.
- If your submission is being considered for publication, an editor may contact you with comments or suggestions. The writer has the opportunity to review and agree to the final edited version.
- All submissions should be attached to an email that includes your name, phone number, e-mail address, the title(s) of the piece or pieces, the submission category, and the date of submission.
- Please use Word format (.doc or .docx). Files in .pdf format cannot be used and will be returned to sender.
- Your poems or prose pieces should not contain any identifying information. If the text of your piece includes your name (e.g., a memoir) delete the name and replace it with “(author)”.
- To Submit: Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be acknowledged to verify receipt. If you do not receive a response within two weeks of your submission, please contact Charles Troob at email@example.com.