Selection of study groups and registration is completed using an online form and by lottery, organized by the Office of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation. Each semester the registration form is provided to members by email, in The Observer and in Upcoming Events and News.
Members can enroll in a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of three and a half study groups (3.5, or the equivalent of three 12-week study groups and one 6-week study group) without any special approval from the director. Every effort is made to provide all members with their first and/or second choices. You may request as many film study groups as you like, but expect to receive no more than one, due to their popularity.
Complete the Registration Form
- Make sure to enter your email address correctly so that you receive the confirmation.
- Select how many study groups in total you would like to enroll in.
- Rank your preferences in each of the First – Seventh Choices fields by selecting from among all options.
- List as many options as possible.
- Make sure to hit “SUBMIT” once you have completed the form.
- You will receive an email confirmation to the email address you provided.
- You can submit the form multiple times, if you change your mind before the deadline. The most recent submission will be used in the lottery.
- Be in touch with Director Mariel Villeré with questions or to request other accommodations.
- To apply for financial support, complete the Scholarship Form to the IER (Institute for Education in Retirement). (coming soon)
- To apply for a leave of absence, complete the Leave of Absence Form.