LP2 is a multicultural secular organization whose membership is dedicated to the pursuit of lifelong learning and fellowship. In our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we agree to respect the rights and sensibilities of all members.
LP2‘s goal is to expand diversity, which includes gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, politics, culture, socio-economic status and disability.
We have adopted this Commitment to ensure these goals. We seek a community and culture that is respectful, open, curious and thoughtful. We challenge ourselves to continue learning within a supportive and dynamic environment.
- We will confront overt and implied bias, exclusion and prejudice if and when they occur.
- We treat all members respectfully and acknowledge their equal rights and intellect.
- We avoid stereotyping and coded language.
- While we may study past or present usage, we do not use derogatory terms or slurs to describe or refer to any group or person.
- We respect our membership’s diversity and avoid comments that presume all members share the same religion or culture.
As members of LP2 we agree to support and practice these principles.
Note: On November 24, 2020 the LP2 Advisory Board unanimously adopted this commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. It was drafted and adopted by the LP2 Diversity Committee to assure our members that everyone is welcome, comfortable and unthreatened by language when attending study groups and in all LP2 venues.